Tears of London Eyes (detail) by Margaret Kalms
An open exhibition in A5
Entries close: midnight Friday 15 January 2021
Exhibition dates: 5 February – 21 March 2021
2020 arrived like no other year. We would like to acknowledge, honour and pay our respect to all those who have been involved in preserving life, our environment or impacted by and journeyed through the extremity of all that 2020 presented.
We invite artists and creatively adventurous individuals from throughout Australia to respond to the theme of Traces V. Investigate the impact of climate change, environmental devastation, global health crises and transformation, what traces they leave behind (both physical and psychological) and the process for recovery and renewal. We invite you to explore your ideas thoughtfully, radically or somewhere in between.
We welcome contributions from all ages and viewpoints, and in any medium. Artists working at any stage of their creative practice, be it as a professional or hobbyist, are invited to submit work exploring this theme at A5 (21 x 14.8cm) size.
This is an open exhibition and we will endeavour to include all entries by artists in Traces V. All works will be eligible for selection in the People’s Choice Award of $500, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Monika McInerney, Artistic Director & Co-CEO on (02) 6173 3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Entry
- Online entries close 11:59pm Friday 15 January 2021.
- Artworks must be physically received by Belco Arts no later than 4pm Tuesday 19 January 2021. Works may be hand-delivered or couriered to Belconnen Arts Centre during business hours (10am-4pm Tues-Sun) or sent by post, but must be received by 4pm Tuesday 19 January 2021. Works received after this time will not be included in the exhibition.
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works. There is no age limit.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works; for multiple entries, each entry will be considered as an individual work, not a series.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry fee per work entered.
- The works must be the original work of the entering artist, and they must have been created within the last year.
- The works must relate to the theme.
- The works may be in any medium but must be able to be fixed to the wall for display (2D).
- Works must be A5 (21 x 14.8cm) in scale, inclusive of any framing. They cannot be smaller or larger than A5.
- Works will be ineligible and will not be exhibited if they are not A5.
- Works can be landscape or portrait in orientation.
- The title of the artwork and the name of the artist must be written or printed on the back of the work.
- Works will need to be exhibited for the full duration of the exhibition.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory or otherwise hurtful in nature. Works that are considered as such will not be displayed. Belco Arts reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of works to and from Belconnen Arts Centre, and are liable for any freight or courier fees, unless pre-paid return postage has been purchased upon entering. All works that need to be returned to the artist must include return address details.
- There is a return postage fee of $8 per work entered, if not being collected in person by the artist or on behalf of the artist.
- Permission must be given to photograph the work for inclusion in an online exhibition and in promotion of Belco Arts exhibitions and other activities.
- Artworks may be for sale. Please note that all sales incur a 30% commission fee and 10% GST.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the People’s Choice Award of $500, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.