2021 Performance Residencies
Applications close Midnight Friday 14 August 2020
Belco Arts invites individuals and small groups to share in and contribute to the ongoing activation of our facilities. We are offering four 2-week residencies throughout the year and two 5-month residencies to research and develop a new performance idea.
Our Rhizome residencies aim to generate collaborative partnerships that support artists and their original practice. This program generates unique opportunities to undertake activities that explore the Rhizome or root system of humanity. Your interpretation of this is wide open. You may wish to explore heritage, place in the world, links to community. How is it that you/we connect? How could you/we connect in a better way?
Artists are required to generate a public engagement outcome following the residency and will be supported by Belco Arts to do so.
2-week residencies (4 available)
Artists are invited to spend 2-weeks using various spaces within Belconnen Arts Centre including office space, rehearsal studio, the theatre and more pending requirements and availability.
5-month residencies (2 available)
Performing artists are invited to apply to spend five months at Belconnen Arts Centre with a dedicated office space, rehearsal room and theatre access.
Available dates for 5-month residencies: 18 January 2021 – June 2021 or 20 June 2021 – 20 December 2021
Who can apply?
- Emerging and established performing artists.
- Individuals or groups of artists may apply.
Belco Arts will provide:
- In-kind use of rehearsal studio and access to the theatre pending availability.
- Producer support (e.g. mentoring and professional development, technical assistance, promotion and marketing)
- Marketing support as negotiated per project.
The Rhizome residencies are free and provide in-kind support for artists. Please note, accommodation and stipends are not provided as a part of the Rhizome residencies.
- Applications are now open and close Friday 14 August (Midnight)
- All applications will be assessed against the selection criteria.
- Other factors taken into account will be to ensure a balance between emerging and established artists/ collectives, and art forms.
Discussions in advance of your application are welcome. Please contact Chenoeh Miller: email@example.com (02) 61733343 or 0406 354 055