An open exhibition on A3 paper
Entries close midnight Monday 1 November 2021
Online exhibition: 19 November 2021 – 30 January 2022
Artists are being invited from throughout Australia to investigate their concept of ‘place’; a position, a location, a destination, a point in time or where you sit within the world. We ask that you embrace your imagination with a sense of play, boldness, experimentation, thoughtfulness or contemplation.
We welcome contributions from all ages, viewpoints and levels of experience. Artists working at any stage of their creative practice, be it as a professional or hobbyist, are welcomed to submit work exploring this theme at A3 scale (29.7cm x 42 cm) on unframed paper. This includes drawing, painting, printmaking, photography and mixed media. Works MUST be on paper. All works will be eligible for consideration in the $500 People’s Choice Award.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Monika McInerney, Artistic Director & Co-CEO on (02) 6173 3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to photograph your works for an online exhibition
Clean your smartphone or camera lens before you start photographing; fingerprints or dust on the lens will make the images appear foggy or blurry.
Find a plain background to photograph your works against, such as a white wall.
Make sure the artwork is lit as evenly as possible. The lighting should be soft, like how it appears on a cloudy day. Try using a light source on each side of you as you photograph (these could be lamps, overhead and/or natural light). Avoid casting heavy shadows or creating reflections on your artwork, and don’t photograph the work with light coming from behind it.
Keep your artwork and camera level with each other. Try to keep the camera as steady as possible as you photograph; you can use a chair or table as a makeshift tripod if you need to. If the artwork is tilted or leaning on an easel, your camera should be tilted at the same angle. You want to photograph your work from directly in front, not off to the side or from an angle that distorts it.
Submit your entry here
Conditions of entry
- Entries close midnight Monday 1 November 2021.
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works. There is no age limit for entrants.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works; for multiple entries, each entry will be considered as an individual work, not a series.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry fee per work entered.
- Works must relate to the theme, be the original work of the entering artist and have been created within the last year.
- Works may be in any medium but must be on unframed A3 paper. Works can be landscape or portrait in orientation.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise hurtful in nature. Works that are considered offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise hurtful in nature will not be displayed. Belco Arts reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- Artworks may be for sale. Please note that all works incur a 30% commission fee & 10% GST.
- Artworks that are not for sale do not need to be physically sent to Belconnen Arts Centre.
- Artworks that are being offered for sale must be received no later than 4pm Wednesday 10 November 2021. Works received after this time will not be included in the exhibition. Works may be hand-delivered, couriered or sent by post to Belconnen Arts Centre (118 Emu Bank, Belconnen ACT 2617) during business hours (10am-4pm Tues-Sun). The title of the artwork and the name of the artist must be written or printed on the back of the work.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of works that are for sale to and from Belconnen Arts Centre, and are liable for any freight or courier fees. Works that require return postage must include return address details and be paid for upon submission of entry. There is a return postage fee of $10 per work entered, if not being collected. Works are packaged securely and insured when return posted.
- Permission must be given to include images of works in the online exhibition and for the purposes of display, publicity and in promotional materials.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.