An open exhibition on A3 paper
Entries close midnight Monday 1 November 2021
Exhibition: 3 December 2021 – 30 January 2022
Artists are being invited from throughout Australia to investigate their concept of ‘place’; a position, a location, a destination, a point in time or where you sit within the world. We ask that you embrace your imagination with a sense of play, boldness, experimentation, thoughtfulness or contemplation.
We welcome contributions from all ages, viewpoints and levels of experience. Artists working at any stage of their creative practice, be it as a professional or hobbyist, are welcomed to submit work exploring this theme at A3 scale (29.7cm x 42 cm) on unframed paper. This includes drawing, painting, printmaking, photography and mixed media. Works MUST be on paper. All works will be eligible for consideration in the $500 People’s Choice Award.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Monika McInerney, Artistic Director & Co-CEO on (02) 6173 3304 or email@example.com.
Conditions of entry
- Entries close midnight Monday 1 November 2021.
- Artworks must be received no later than 4pm Sunday 14 November 2021. Works received after this time will not be included in the exhibition. Works may be hand-delivered, couriered or sent by post to Belconnen Arts Centre (118 Emu Bank, Belconnen ACT 2617) during business hours (10am-4pm Tues-Sun).
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works. There is no age limit for entrants.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works; for multiple entries, each entry will be considered as an individual work, not a series.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry fee per work entered.
- Works must relate to the theme, be the original work of the entering artist and have been created within the last year.
- Works must be A3 (29.7cm x 42cm) in scale. They cannot be smaller or larger than A3. Works outside of these parameters will not be exhibited.
- Works may be in any medium but must be on unframed A3 paper able to be fixed to the wall for display (2D). Works can be landscape or portrait in orientation.
- The title of the artwork and the name of the artist must be written or printed on the back of the work.
- Works will need to be exhibited for the full duration of the exhibition.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise hurtful in nature. Works that are considered offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise hurtful in nature will not be displayed. Belco Arts reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of works to and from Belconnen Arts Centre and are liable for any freight or courier fees. Works that require return postage must include return address details and be paid for upon submission of entry.
- There is a return postage fee of $10 per work entered, if not being collected. Works are packaged securely and insured when return posted.
- Permission must be given to photograph the work for inclusion in an online exhibition and for the purposes of display, publicity and in promotional materials.
- Artworks may be for sale. Please note that all works incur a 30% commission fee & 10% GST.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.