An exhibition celebrating LGBTQI+ pride
Entries close midnight Monday 30 August 2021
Exhibition: 15 October – 28 November 2021
The LGBTQI+ community is so much more than six colours. Diversity and inclusion are the glue that binds the community; the common thread that makes connections and provokes dialogue. Everyone has their own ideas about what it means to be part of this diverse rainbow community. Belco Arts would like to celebrate the LGBTQI+ community, and all that makes up its diversity of perspectives, lived experiences and shared ambitions.
We are inviting LGBTQI+ artists in Canberra and throughout Australia – at any level of artistic experience – to create and share what being queer, and being part of the LGBTQI+ in 2021, means to them.
We invite artists to explore their ideas thoughtfully, radically, or somewhere in between. We welcome contributions from all viewpoints, in 2D or 3D, using painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, glass, photography, drawing or mixed media. All works selected for exhibition will be eligible for consideration in a $500 People’s Choice Award.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Monika McInerney, Artistic Director & Co – CEO on (02) 6173 3304 or email@example.com.
Conditions of entry
- Artists from throughout Australia who identify as LGBTQI+ may enter works.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works. Separate entry forms must be completed for each work.
- Up to four high-resolution images of each artwork must be submitted with your entry.
- Artworks should be photographed from directly in front, in diffuse light, avoiding any shadows or reflections. Image files should be no smaller than 1MB in size, and preferred formats are jpg or png.
- Each entry will be considered an individual work, not as part of a series.
- All entries will be reviewed from the digital images provided and artists will be notified by email by Friday 10 September 2021.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry administration fee per each work entered.
- The works must be the original work of the entering artist.
- The works must have been created within the last year.
- The works must relate to the theme.
- The works may be in any medium and must be ready for exhibition.
- Each artwork must not exceed 10kg in weight.
- All works must have the artist’s name and title of the work written or printed on it.
- Works will need to be exhibited for the full duration of the exhibition.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise hurtful in nature. Works that are considered offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise hurtful in nature will not be displayed. Belco Arts reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of the work to and from Belconnen Arts Centre and cover all costs for any freight/courier fees. All works that are needing to be returned will need to include return freight details and be paid for.
- Works may be delivered during business hours, by post or courier at any time but must be received by 4pm Friday 8 October 2021. Works not delivered by this time will not be included.
- Permission must be given to photograph the work for inclusion in an online version of the exhibition and in the promotion of Belco Arts exhibitions and other activities.
- Artworks may be for sale. Please note that all works incur a 30% commission fee + GST.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award that will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.