Are you a practising artist and identify as disabled, D/deaf, HOH, chronically ill, neurodiverse or have lived experience of mental health issues?
Belco Arts is inviting identifying local, regional and interstate artists to apply to exhibit through IGNITE: Gallery. The aims of IGNITE: Gallery are to provide disabled artists with opportunities to:
- create bodies of work for exhibition
- develop their practice through professional exhibition experiences
- access affordable exhibition options
- derive financial returns from their work
If you are interested in having your work featured in IGNITE: Gallery, please fill in the Expression of Interest form below. Successful applicants will be provided with an agreement and an inventory to complete. The agreement will detail the exhibition dates, venue, number and sizes of works required.
IGNITE: Gallery locations display works on paper in permanently located frames across a number of venues in Canberra and in online galleries on the Belco Arts website. Gallery spaces are open to the public during business hours, except one location, which may be visited by appointment.
For physical exhibitions:
- artworks must meet certain specifications
- artists are responsible for bearing the costs for delivery and return of their artwork to and from Belco Arts
- works may be for offered for sale
- all physical exhibitions are also shown online
For online exhibitions:
- physical artworks are not required to be sent to Belco Arts
- high-quality images of the works must be provided by artists for publication online
- works are not offered for sale
Please note that, while no fees are charged for IGNITE: Gallery shows, there is a 30% commission and 10% GST charge on any works that are for sale through Belco Arts. IGNITE: Gallery artworks are available to view and purchase online.
For further IGNITE: Gallery information and enquiries, contact Belco Arts Public Programs Officer, Ann McMahon, on email@example.com or (02) 6173 3320.