Ceramic open exhibition
West Gallery, Belconnen Arts Centre
Entries close midnight Friday 1 March 2024
Exhibition dates: 5 April – 19 May 2024
Ceramic artists are being invited from throughout Australia to investigate the beauty and sense of intimacy experienced when eating or drinking from an exquisitely crafted plate, or vessel.
Do you make plates, bowls, platters, cups, mugs, jugs or tea/ coffee pots that take the dining experience to another level?
We welcome contributions from ceramic artists who are producing functional ware that epitomises the essence of good design, aesthetics, and functionality in their work.
All works will be eligible for consideration of the $500 People’s Choice Award.
If you have any questions, please get in contact with Monika McInerney, Artistic Director & Co-CEO at Belco Arts: email@example.com
Conditions of Entry
- Entries close midnight Friday 1 March 2024.
- There is a limit of one entry per artist.
- Artworks must be physically received by Belco Arts no later than 4pm Thursday 28 March 2024. Works received after this time will not be included in the exhibition. Works may be sent by post, hand-delivered or couriered to Belconnen Arts Centre (118 Emu Bank, Belconnen ACT 2617) during business hours (10am-4pm Tues-Sun).
- Ceramic artists from throughout Australia may enter works.
- Works will be to be displayed within a 30 x 30 cm square and must be under 5kgs.
- A single entry can consist of multiple pieces to be sold individually (a set) but must sit within the square and not exceed the weight limit. A maximum of 5 separate pieces.
- Each artist will be allocated an individual 30 x 30 cm square plinth. One plinth per artist.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry fee (inclusive of GST) per work/set entered.
- Submitted artwork information is considered final. Please ensure all details are correct before submission, as no further amendments can be made.
- The works must relate to the theme, be the original work of the entering artist and have been created within the last year.
- The title of the artwork and the name of the artist must accompany all work received.
- Social media handles, urls and other personal branding can be included in the submitted artwork description. Belco Arts cannot display these items alongside artworks in gallery spaces.
- Works will need to be exhibited for the full duration of the exhibition.
- Belco Arts reserves the right to make curatorial decisions and/or not exhibit works, and all decisions are final. Works that are considered offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise hurtful in nature will not be displayed.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of works to and from Belconnen Arts Centre and are liable for any freight or courier fees unless pre-paid return postage has been purchased during entry.
- All works that need to be returned to the artist must include return address details.
- There is a return postage fee of $20 per work entered, if not being collected. Works are packaged securely and insured when return posted.
- Permission must be given to photograph the work for inclusion in an online exhibition and for the purposes of display, publicity and in promotional materials.
- Artworks may be for sale. Please note that all works incur a 35% commission fee + GST.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.