Canberra’s newest and most innovative black box theatre sits proudly on the shores of Lake Ginninderra, at Belco Arts. Rising to a height of 6.5 metres to the underside of the catwalk, this awe-inspiring space allows for incredibly flexible seating, staging and rigging, able to accommodate many kinds of performances and events.
The Theatre has a retractable seating bank that can seat 204, as well as a further 200 seats that can be arranged flexibly to suit requirements. Staging is a cinch with a number of different heights and sizes possible, or it can be used to create raked seating. The house lighting is able to be set to any colour, to match the theme or mood of your event, and the sprung floor and rigging beams allow for bespoke setups for circus, dance and more.
Black woollen drapes line the perimeter of The Theatre, allowing total blackout conditions for events such as film screenings on the cinematically-proportioned 6m wide projection screen. Or for a totally different look, why not take advantage of the wall of north-facing windows and make Lake Ginninderra the backdrop to your corporate event or wedding.
There is no venue quite as unique, versatile and beautiful as The Theatre at Belco Arts. Talk to us today about how we can make your event in The Theatre one you will never forget.
Prices start from $2,250
Per day, inclusive of GST.
- Due to current government restrictions, The Theatre has a maximum capacity of 83 people, depending on configuration
- 334sqm of floor space
- Building is all on one level; accessible toilet and hearing loop available
- Professional Meyer sound system
- Extensive LED lighting rig with moving and colour-changing lights
- Two dressing rooms with bathrooms, green room and back-of-house accessible bathroom available for use
- Centralise communications through the dedicated production office, which has stage and sound feeds
- Use of Box Office and Theatre Foyer included in hire
- Basic technical and front-of-house staff included (additional staff may be required depending on the event, and will attract additional fees)
- Guests welcome to supply own catering (kitchen available – does not include oven/cooktop)
- Hot/cold drinks packages provided for additional fees
- Guests encouraged to engage artists to perform at function (we can help!)
Submit your hire enquiry here
Or phone us on (02) 6173 3300.