B E Y O N D
An open online animation exhibition
Entries close: Midnight Monday 17 August 2020
Exhibition: 1 September – 11 October 2020
Lockdown has propelled us into an online era, so we are taking this cue to invite artists to respond in the medium of animation, to create moving silent visual artworks for display as part of an exhibition on the Belco Arts website.
This is an invitation for artists to reflect on themes including loss, anxiety, isolation, change, resilience and looking forward, imagining a better, safer, more responsible and sustainable future.
We invite you to embrace new technology and use it to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences, using animation and a visual language that may include narrative images, symbols, allegories or metaphors.
We ask artists to explore the impacts of COVID-19 and imagine how we can move forward as a community, with a sense of hope and renewed vigour. Embrace your imagination and use it with a sense of play, boldness, provocation, experimentation, thoughtfulness or meditative contemplation.
We welcome contributions from all ages, viewpoints and levels of experience. Artists working at any stage of their creative practice, be it as a professional or hobbyist, are welcomed to submit work exploring these themes, and all entries are eligible for the $500 People’s Choice Award, announced at the close of the exhibition.
Conditions of Entry
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works. There is no age limit for entrants.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works.
- Each entry will be considered an individual work.
- All animations must be silent.
- Each work can be a maximum of one-minute duration.
- Maximum file size that will be accepted is 100MB.
- There is no restriction on the aspect ratio of animation files, all aspect ratios will be accepted (i.e. 16:9, 1:1, etc).
- Acceptable file formats are .MP4, .MOV and .AVI.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry fee (inclusive of GST) per work entered.
- The works must be the original work of the entering artist.
- The works must have been created within the last year.
- The works must relate to the themes of B E Y O N D, as outlined above.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory or otherwise hurtful in nature. Works that are considered inappropriate will not be displayed at the sole discretion of Belco Arts. Belco Arts reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- Entering artists will receive a confirmation email outlining how they should send their animation works to Belco Arts.
- All works must be received no later than midnight Monday 17 August 2020. Works received after this time will not be included in the exhibition.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award.