Writing from the Heart
With Kylie Fitzpatrick
18 March – 8 April 2020
This course is for anyone who feels drawn to enhance their wellbeing and to discover, or rediscover, meaning in their life. You do not need to be ‘a writer’ to write. Writing that affects always comes from the heart, and the intent beneath the words, rather than the words themselves. In Writing from the Heart you will learn techniques and exercises that you can draw on any time, any place, and which will connect you with your authentic, essential self.
About Kylie Fitzpatrick
Kylie Fitzpatrick is the author of four novels that have been published in eleven languages, and is a mentor, editor and manuscript consultant for writers & artists at Bloomsbury publishing. She has a background in documentary television – working in script development for the BBC and ABC – and an MA and PhD in Literature and Creative Writing. Her doctoral research was an exploration of creativity and the unconscious mind. She lectured for nine years on the Creative Writing MA and BA programs at Bath Spa University in the UK.
Journaling and ‘I’
* Some unlikely diarists and what they have to say about journaling
* Journaling techniques
* Journaling exercises
* Why and how we tell our stories: how narrative can shift the focus
* Narrative techniques for wellbeing
* Writing the ‘Hero’s Journey’: you are the hero!
Writing from the inside out
* The unconscious mind: your archive and greatest resource!
* Technique: how to ‘write to find out what I think’
* ‘Unconscious’ Writing
* Becoming wholly who we are
* Techniques for dialoguing
* Dialogues with the self
All materials will be provided.
What to bring
If participants have a favourite notebook, journal or pen they should bring these along, but paper and pens will be provided.
Please note, enrolment closes one week prior to the workshop.
- Refunds are available if requested at least one week (7 days) prior to the commencement of the workshop(s).
- Refunds requested within one week (7 days) of the commencement of the workshop(s) are only available in exceptional circumstances and must be supported by documentation (i.e. medical certificate).
- No refunds will be given after the commencement of the workshop(s).
- Partial refunds are not available if you are unable to attend individual workshops that are part of a workshop series.
Please contact Belco Arts via email, or phone (02) 6173 3300.
Image credit: Kylie Fitzpatrick.